Sunday, July 13, 2008

Evolving Forms of Media Messages - NIN's secret Code

I remember reading this article in an air port last December and thinking it was perfect for class. Not only is it an example of how our experience with media is becoming increasingly interactive, it is also point to how one medium remediates another...the ecology of the world is changing, while we are destroy the natural environment -- new, digital ones spring up.

I should also put in my pimp for Wired magazine and the online companion Wired.com, with no doubt my favorite pop publication.

Check out the article here, also can you solve the puzzle?

1 comment:

Will said...

I followed this from the very beginning online at echoingthesound.org. Being completely immersed in the ARG made the experience of listening to the actual album so much more meaningful. I don't know if you've kept up with any of the other things that Trent Reznor has done since the last event mentioned in the article, but it's been some very progressive stuff. He dropped his label and released his latest singles via direct e-mail to radio stations and via Facebook directly to his fans. He then released his entire new album, The Slip, for free from nin.com. (I'm a bit of a fan, if you can't tell.)